Where do the ideas with the power to change the world come from?
Senior R&D Engineer
Electronic Systems Design
General overview of role
A Senior Electronic Systems Design Engineer to work on multiple projects, researching and developing new technologies and applications, and engineering a wide range of products for a small, dynamic, company with world leading cooling technology applied to the medical, domestic and retail sectors.
Working closely with the CTO and Project Lead this role will enable Sure Chill to design and deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging cooling problems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing system requirements and technical specifications for products seeing projects through to final validation and integration.
- Eliciting and understanding needs of customers to create user requirements.
- Analysis of user requirements to create system requirement specifications leading to software and hardware architecture design and documentation.
- Authoring verification / validation tests to prove system meets requirements.
- Lead hardware/firmware test and validation including product level integration, regulatory and environmental conformance testing support.
- Working with suppliers that will handle detailed level electronics design.
- Responsible for fridge circuit electrical design (compressor/sensors/lighting)
- Input at a high level on design decisions; this requires an understanding of all aspects of the design from working principles to the operating conditions.
- Assisting project delivery by supporting in the creation of project plans.
- Establish a technical rapport and liaison with customers and suppliers including site visits as required with occasional overseas travel.
Skills and Competencies
The role would suit experienced electronics engineer or systems design engineer that has a good electronics background and a broad appreciation of a wide range of engineering disciplines.
Demonstrable competence of working with cross – functional project teams to delivering results in complex projects.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with ability to liaise across all areas of the business (report writing, presentations).
Commercial acumen and experience of working with customers.
Understanding or experience of embedded software development, MATLAB / Simulink, LabView, Data Acquisition methods.
NOTE: role is are open to engineers with relevant systems design backgrounds, but the role will NOT involve detailed PCB level design.
Education and Experience
A degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (e.g. Electronics Engineering, Control Systems, Power Electronics, Renewable Energy)
Minimum 5 years’ experience in a new product development environment taking products from first concept through detail design and development to mass manufacture.
White goods design experience and/or experience or knowledge of refrigeration would be a distinct advantage.
Regulatory requirements for consumer appliance experience highly desirable.
Related systems experience (e.g. serial and Bluetooth interfaces, renewable energy, PV, compressors, inverter drivers, Li battery systems etc) desirable.
Design of products for developing countries or otherwise interest/time spent in developing countries will be considered an advantage.
If you’re a recruiter: Please note that we don’t accept unsolicited applications or CVs from third-party recruiters. Anything submitted to Sure Chill by a third-party will be considered to be unsolicited and our property, without further obligation.